Sunday, June 1, 2014

Hair Standards

This post is really more for me than for other people to read but it's going to be loaded full of Biblical stuff. I am an Apostolic Pentecostal (google it if you wish) and we have many standards that we are held to and while I grew up this way and just did it I never really took interest in why because it was always a personal conviction I never really asked myself why. So, to all the people that asks me these questions: here are some answers for you and myself.

Why do you not dye your hair? 
Proverbs 16:31, "Gray hair is a crown of glory, it is gained in a righteous life." 
Matthew 5:36 Neither shalt thou swear by thy head, because thou canst not make one hair white or black.

Why do you not cut your hair? 
1 Corinthian 11:15, But if a woman have long hair, it is glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering. 

Coverings: 1 Corinthians 11:4-5 Every man praying or prophesying, having his head covered, dishonoureth his head. But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven. 

1 Corinthians 11:6 For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered.





No comments:

Post a Comment