Sunday, June 1, 2014

Heavy Heart

1 Peter 5:8 - Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour.


We all know that one person that they continue to be afflicted by the devil and just can't seem to shake him. I have a heavy heart tonight. Someone that used to be a very important part of my life fell into temptation yet again. I don't plan to name names or go into specifics but it really is sad. Not only has this person lost jobs, family, children, friends, he may be losing his freedom and no longer has anything left in his possession. 

Proverbs 20:1- Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging: and whosoever is deceived therby is not wise. 

I have personal convictions from God not to drink but my conviction came long before that. My biological father was an alcoholic until three years ago. My great-grandparents died due to drunk drivers, I was married to an alcoholic for seven years. I have watched it devour and destroy and it is sad to sit there and watch someone destroy themselves and the people around them. 

1 Corinthians 6:9-11 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God. 

This is why my heart is heavy, because I want everyone to go to Heaven. I don't want to see anyone I know go to hell especially when I know what they are capable of and the great works they could do if they only let God work in their lives. I know all I can do is pray... 

Exodus 14:14 - The Lord shall fight for you, and ye shall hold your peace. 

God is always fighting for the lost, they just have to realize it... I hope and pray this person finds that their way isn't working and that God's way is the right way. *sigh*



No comments:

Post a Comment